Terms & Conditions
Liability Release & Attendee Usage Agreement
All San Francisco Salsa Festival attendees must agree to these terms in order to enter the venue and participate in festival activities.
ACTIVITY RELEASE OF LIABILITY
San Francisco Salsa Festival
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in the activity of San Francisco Salsa Festival organized by John & Liz Productions (“J&L Productions”), of 924 Santa Clara Ave, Alameda, California, 94501 and/or use of the property, facilities and services of J&L Productions and the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront hotel (“SF Airport Marriot”), I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot, or the employees, representatives or agents of J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot.
- I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, J&L Productions, SF Airport Marriot, or other third parties.
- I agree to indemnify and defend J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot.
- I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot caused by my or my family’s negligent, reckless, or willful actions.
- Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
- I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to assent to or sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before accepting its terms. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that J&L Productions has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to accept the terms in this Agreement.
- I understand that this document is written to be as broad and inclusive as legally permitted by the State of California. I agree that if any portion is held invalid or unenforceable, I will continue to be bound by the remaining terms.
- I further hereby understand and AGREE that photographs and video may be taken throughout the San Francisco Salsa Festival. I hereby give permission for any and all photographs or video taken at the event to be used for the advertisement, promotion, and sole use of J&L Productions.
- I am 18 years or older. I understand the legal consequences of this document, including (a) releasing J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot from all liability, (b) promising not to sue, (c) and assuming all risks of participating in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity.
- If Participant is under 18 years of age: I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant. I understand the legal consequences of this document, including (a) releasing J&L Productions and SF Airport Marriot from all liability on my and the Participant’s behalf, (b) promising not to sue on my and the Participant’s behalf, (c) and assuming all risks of the Participant’s participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity. I allow Participant to participate in this Activity. I understand that I am responsible for the obligations and acts of Participant as described in this document.
- I agree to be bound by the terms of this document. No other representations concerning the legal effect of this document have been made to me.